Proven to relieve stress:
- Weighted blankets are designed to relieve stress and create a sense of calm. They do that by providing pressure on the body.
- They work in a way that’s similar to an Occupational Therapist technique called Deep Touch Pressure Therapy. Pressure on the body can increase the release of serotonin in the brain. This neurotransmitter is sometimes called the “happy” chemical because it creates a sense of calm and well-being.
- Research has found that the following conditions benefit from use of weighted blankets: Autism, ADHD, Anxiety, Sleeping Disorders, Osteoarthritis and Chronic Pains.
- Featuring an incredibly soft mink cover, if it gets a little warm you can remove the cover and the inner's bamboo cotton lining will keep you cool as a cucumber.
- Weighted blankets should NOT be used with infants and toddlers. They can pose safety risks.
- Single size: 160cm Width x 225 Length (Single size is recommended for the most effective weight distribution)
- Inner Cover: 100% Bamboo
- Outer Cover: %100 Polyester
- Filling: 100% Glass Beads
How heavy should my blanket be?
The blanket weight should be around 10-15% of your body weight. Please refer to the table below for a rough guide:
|Body Weight||Blanket Weight|
|70kg or Less||7kg|
|70kg - 90kg||9kg|
|90kg or More||11kg|
Care for your Buddy:
- Mink Cover: the blanket's mink cover is removable. Just unzip the cover and remove from the blanket. You can then either spot clean, hand wash or wash it in a washing machine on a gentle cycle with lukewarm water, however a front loader machine is recommended.
- Bamboo Blanket: cold machine was on gentle cycle, we advise that you check the weight capacity of your washing machine. Air dry only. Do not tumble dry. Do not bleach.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Why would I use a weighted blanket? Application of light pressure to the body can encourage the release of serotonin in the brain, evoking feelings of calmness and assisting you getting a peaceful sleep. Research has found that the following conditions benefit from use of weighted blankets: Autism, ADHD, Anxiety, Insomnia and Sleep Disorders, Osteoarthritis and Chronic Pain
- How do I use a weighted blanket? You can either use the blanket on its own in bed or on the couch. You can also have it over or under a doona - just see what you like best!
What are the blankets made from? They are produced from really high quality materials. The inner cover is made from 100% bamboo, the outer cover is made from 100% polyester and the filling is 100% glass beads.
- Is the blanket washable? Yes! Please refer to the washing instructions (Care for your Buddy) in the tab above.
- Why is there only single size dimensions? The weighted blanket works best as a single size. This is because the distribution of the weight will be most effective being used by one person. If a bigger size was made, for it to be effective the weight would have to be distributed for a second person, and a blanket of 20kg+ can pose safety problems.
- Free Standard Delivery on all Australian orders. Express available. All shipping costs and options will be shown to you at the checkout page.
- International shipping is available. Please check our rates at checkout. Special rates exist for our friends in New Zealand.
- (For regional areas, please note 1-2 additional business days, depending on location).
I really wanted one of these for my first pregnancy and I didn’t get on to them until too late! I treated myself to a mega pillow really early on and it has been a lifesaver! Instead of propping myself up with 5-7 pillows, I just snuggle up to the mega!! Highly Reccomended.
Lovely soft.....heavy, good quality blanket, thank you
Excellent. Love cuddle buddy.
I have seen these blankets everywhere and thought I'd give one a go. Very pleased. Was originally unfamiliar to have the weight on me but once I got used to it, I really enjoy it and very happy I bought it!