Cover for Weighted Blanket
Free Standard Delivery on all Australian orders over $80. Express available at an extra cost.
Great International shipping rates can be found at checkout.
Special rates exist for our friendly neighbours in New Zealand.
60 Day Returns
60 Day Returns
We want you to be happy no matter what. If you are not happy with your purchase, please return it within 60 days. If 60 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
To wash your pillow we recommend spot cleaning or hand washing however a washing machine is also appropriate, just make sure it is on a gentle cycle with lukewarm water. we also strongly recommend using a front end loader machine and keep the pillow enclosed in a tied up pillow case.
If your pillow has a removable cover please remove the cover and follow the washing instructions above.
- Weighted blankets are designed to relieve stress and create a sense of calm. They do that by providing pressure on the body.
- They work in a way that’s similar to an Occupational Therapist technique called Deep Touch Pressure Therapy. Pressure on the body can increase the release of serotonin in the brain. This neurotransmitter is sometimes called the “happy” chemical because it creates a sense of calm and well-being.
- Research has found that the following conditions benefit from use of weighted blankets: Autism, ADHD, Anxiety, Sleeping Disorders, Osteoarthritis and Chronic Pains.
- Featuring an incredibly soft mink cover, if it gets a little warm you can remove the cover and the inner's bamboo cotton lining will keep you cool as a cucumber.
- Weighted blankets should NOT be used with infants and toddlers. They can pose safety risks.
- Single size: 160cm Width x 225 Length (Single size is recommended for the most effective weight distribution)
- Inner Cover: 100% Bamboo
- Outer Cover: %100 Polyester
- Filling: 100% Glass Beads
How heavy should my blanket be?
The blanket weight should be around 10-15% of your body weight. Please refer to the table below for a rough guide:
|Body Weight||Blanket Weight|
|70kg or Less||7kg|
|70kg - 90kg||9kg|
|90kg or More||11kg|
Care for your Buddy:
- Mink Cover: the blanket's mink cover is removable. Just unzip the cover and remove from the blanket. You can then either spot clean, hand wash or wash it in a washing machine on a gentle cycle with lukewarm water, however a front loader machine is recommended.
- Bamboo Blanket: cold machine was on gentle cycle, we advise that you check the weight capacity of your washing machine. Air dry only. Do not tumble dry. Do not bleach.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Why would I use a weighted blanket? Application of light pressure to the body can encourage the release of serotonin in the brain, evoking feelings of calmness and assisting you getting a peaceful sleep. Research has found that the following conditions benefit from use of weighted blankets: Autism, ADHD, Anxiety, Insomnia and Sleep Disorders, Osteoarthritis and Chronic Pain
- How do I use a weighted blanket? You can either use the blanket on its own in bed or on the couch. You can also have it over or under a doona - just see what you like best!
What are the blankets made from? They are produced from really high quality materials. The inner cover is made from 100% bamboo, the outer cover is made from 100% polyester and the filling is 100% glass beads.
- Is the blanket washable? Yes! Please refer to the washing instructions (Care for your Buddy) in the tab above.
- Why is there only single size dimensions? The weighted blanket works best as a single size. This is because the distribution of the weight will be most effective being used by one person. If a bigger size was made, for it to be effective the weight would have to be distributed for a second person, and a blanket of 20kg+ can pose safety problems.
I purchased a cover and also a weighted blanket. The product is beautiful and great quality. I expect my friends and family to be very happy when they receive these products at Xmas time.
Cover for Weighted Blanket
It’s not what I was expecting. I haven’t used it as it won’t help my medical issues. I wish I could return it but it would cost too much to send back.